7 Ways To Boost Your Brain Power Right Now
"Learn to use your brain power. Critical thinking is the key to creative problem solving in business." ~ Richard Branson
How fit is your brain? Is it flabby or flat-out fabulous?
If your recall or memory isn’t what it used to be or you sometimes feel fuzzy and unfocused, you may need to take your brain to the neural gym.
Emerging evidence proves you can boost your brain power WITHOUT spending hours and hours studying – no matter how old or young you are!
Getting Smarter With Age: Why You Don’t Have To Age Gracefully
For years, you’ve been told that aging is responsible for a decrease in your brain’s health and fitness.
Recent studies, however, show you can finally fight back against the aging process. You can take control of your brain and – literally – turn back the hands of time.
Best of all, today’s top cognitive specialists claim you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see a big difference … and fast.
All you need to do is try one (or more) of the tips below to improve your mental powers!
Could Boosting Your Brain Power Really Be This Easy?
If you want to pump up the health of your brain, try one of the following everyday tips, tactics, and techniques:
1. Switch it up! Break Up Your Routine. Try taking a different route to work, eating lunch in a different spot, or reading a book as opposed to watching TV.
Anything that interrupts your habits asks your brain to make new and different connections and associations can help stimulate the production of neurotrophins, an important protein responsible for superior brain health.
2. Have Fun. Play Games! Research shows that games that require planning ahead, including games of strategy like chess, activate and “strengthen” your frontal lobe which leads to greater decisiveness, clarity, and focus.
Other great games include checkers, tic-tac-toe, solitaire, and card games like poker and blackjack.
3. Se Habla Español? Learn a language. Always wanted to learn a new language? Great news! Learning a new language requires a number of areas of your brain to all “cooperate” – making powerful connections all across your neural network.
4. Are You The Next Picasso? Get Painting! Whether it’s doodling on the back of an envelope or painting the next masterpiece, it’s time to release your inner artist.
Activities like drawing and painting stimulate numerous regions of your brain – helping to boost creativity, memory, and recall.
5. Get Off The Couch! Walk, Run, or Soar! Physical exercise of any kind helps promote neurogenesis as well as stimulates the production of neurotrophins.
So, it doesn’t matter what you do: Just get up and do something! Of course, before starting any new exercise routine, be sure to get your doctor’s approval first.
6. Read. Yep, studies show that daily reading all by itself can help sharpen your memory, enhance your critical thinking skills, and improve your ability to focus.
Best of all, it doesn’t matter what you read – just do it!
7. Strengthen Your Brain with Cognitive Training. There are a number of excellent brain training resources online today.
Be sure to look for science-based programs that show proof that they actually work. Sites like the Raikov Effect are a solid place to start for more information on improving brain health and function.
But, be careful: Some of the “big name” programs may look good, but lack evidence-based support to justify their claims.
Brain training is more accessible than ever before.
As you’ve seen here, it doesn’t take weeks, months or years to boost your brain power.
All it takes is a commitment to be the best you possible.